2.24.2009

Van (finally)

Those of you who know us well know we need a van...as in we all no longer fit in any one vehicle that we owned before this! It hasn't been too much of an issue, but since the baby has
been born we have to take two cars. Crazy. Anyway, after much research we got a Toyota Sienna. We used http://www.texasdirectauto.com/ to search for the van we wanted.
We waited several days until one came up that met our wish list. This company lists all their cars on eBay and people fly in from all over the country to pick them up. They sell vehicles a couple thousand dollars less than blue book price. So, once you decide on a vehicle
you call them and put $500 down on it to reserve the vehicle. Then you make an appointment with them. When you go in, you take a test drive for a few min on the vehicle you reserved, spend 30 min filling out paperwork and drive away, it is a beautiful thing! You don't have
to deal with the bargaining and the sales people because it is all done online ahead of time. Anyway, here it is. The kids went nuts for it. I pulled in the driveway and Christsia came running out. I opened the sliding door from the remote and she yelled, "You did NOT just do that". In other words, she couldn't believe it opened from the remote (such simple pleasures!)
















4 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

We love our Sienna. We'll have to make sure not to park next to you at church.

DanielLisaCaliDavidEmmaline said...

Congradulations! Did you have to get rid of one of your other cars? Daniel always identifies Mike by his yellow Evo (I don't know if that is the right spelling?) Enjoy

Jennifer Pauga said...

LOVE IT!! I was so busy checking out the baby post I dint even realize you posted the van stuff. How fun.

Tara said...

fun, fun! I remember when we went from small cramped car to minivan...it was wonderful! I loved that I could walk from the front of the car to the back!! :)
your kids are soooo cute!! :)