Jack broke his arm playing on a zip line at the park near our house...on New Year's Eve! We took him to the emergency. It was broken right at his elbow. Poor guy!

They took him by ambulance to the Childrens Hospital for surgery early the next morning.

This is the anesthesiologist right before she takes him to surgery. Oh my goodness, that was so sad.

After surgery...he was very tired. The surgery went well. He got three pins. His hand was still numb and he couldn't move his wrist or thumb joint due to nerve damage. That was scary.

He is venturing out to look for the toy room. Feel good, all drugged up.

Three weeks later
Time to remove the pins - no anesthesia, only plyers, yes plyers!!!

Have you ever seen anything like this before? And no, they didn't come out very easily. After all, they had been there 3 weeks and were growing very comfortable being part of the bone and skin. More to come on the recovery in future blogs. Thanks for all the prayers, even still.
3 comments:
Oh Stacy I just want to CRY! Poor Jack, I hope he is doing well now. You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers!
wow, I didn't know his broken arm was so intense. That picture with the pins makes me want to throw up...sorry. I'm glad there is nothing currently going crazy at your house...there isn't...right?
Yeah, I pretty much freaked out and almost threw up when I saw the screws in Matthew's elbow. Yuck and so sad. You guys have been through it this year, Stacy! I guess it means lots of blessings for your family and that Heavenly Father loves you guys so much. You're an amazing family! We love you.
Post a Comment