Christsia had the idea to earn money doing a lemonade stand. We bought the supplies, figured out how much she would owe for the supplies out of her earnings, then we sat out in the 95 degree temp to wait for some kind soul to pull over and donate a quarter. Christsia thought it would be smart to charge a dollar per drink. I said, "uh, no, no one will buy a tiny drink of lemonade for a dollar". I know there is inflation since my time, but really...So, i was alarmed to see the number of customers that came by, paid a dollar and said kindly, "keep the change". Christsia was very anxious to remind me that we should have charged a dollar, people were willing to pay a full dollar. I then got into a discussion with her about how if the sign said one dollar they may not stop at all. You have to lull them in with the low price, marketing 101, right? Anyway, we had fun...rain and all. She made $11, after she paid off the supplies. I think I am in the wrong business :)
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment