This is all the luggage we had to take to Utah for the 10 day trip
Jack is coloring and listening to a movie.
We stopped by our friends house in OK, the Miners. It was so nice to see them.
Mike said that Spangles is his new favorite burger joint...apparently very good.
So I got pulled over...at 11:00 at night...5 min from the hotel...after driving about 12 hours. ugh!!!! Then the nice cop proceeded to check each of the car seats and give us a demo about how to secure them the best way. Mike was sitting in the middle seat so he had to get out for the cop to get in. Mike was standing outside the sliding door...right behind the cops tail end. Notice the exposed gun. Well, 30 min later.................
He let the kids try on his hat, it was actually cute. He assured us that he doesn't have lice, oh, hadn't thought of that.
Beautiful eyes!!
Getting closer.......and cooler

check out that snow blower
Do you think they mind that our kids used their equip for a playground
Sorry the pics are not in chronological order, there were too many pics from too many cameras to catalog properly, so here we are back on the road to Utah again. This is one of the tunnels between Denver and Utah on I-70. The kids went nuts about the tunnels. I think there are 4 in total.
Our dear friens - The Lewis' - moved to Grand Jct one month before our trip, how convenient. It made for a great visit. They have a lovely home and community. The weather was perfect!
This was the rainbow to follow the storm. While driving along the mountain ranges an hour outside of Grand Jct it was raining so badly that I couldn't see. Suddenly the cars in front of us came to a stop. We saw 2 foot high boulders in the road and looked to our right up the mountain. The mountain side was moving....a mud slide. Rocks were hitting our car, Mike yelled..."Go! Go!" We got out of it, I was almost in tears, it was so scary. We deserved the rainbow after that storm. It was the biggest rainbow, complete across the sky, that any of us had ever seen. Our family in Utah reported seeing the same rainbow.



2 comments:
That second close up of Liberty is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I love her little smile. She is beautiful!
That is fun that you got to see the Miner's and the Lewis family.
Hope you're all doing well!
What a fun time we had when you came!! I miss you all. Liberty is so beautiful... and I can't believe she can fall asleep anywhere (I'm afraid she's a bit like me!) That stinks that you got pulled over.
Post a Comment