8.16.2009

Snowbird and trip home

Aunt Heidi (my sister) riding up with us to Snowbird
Mike and Levi (my brother) serenading us, quite a pair

Mike riding the mechanical bull, it is harder than it looks for those of you who haven't tried it.


Aunt Annie (my sister) with Christsia, Jack and Stephen on top of mountain.



My dad, brother-in-law, three sisters and nephew




My mom + Liberty :)





My dad has this thing he calls "whaling on you". It basically means a LOT of tickling. It is apparently irrespective of generations.

More whaling


Aunt Heidi is going to have an accident...


Aunt Julie (my sister) with Liberty



Uncle Levi with Liberty (wow she is getting spoiled)


Grandma with Libert - this vacation is really doing well for her


My dad and Christsia...hikin' it

Levi....he should be a model, such a hottie.


Lori, Julie, and a few kids
Aunt Heidi and Christsia


Julie, Jack and Stephen

My dad and I

Mike is on this spinning device. It is quite hilarious, you have to hold on with every ounce of strength you have. Don't plan to walk for about 5 min after, and hope that the people on the outside are kind and stop when you want them to...if you plan to keep your lunch

Jack and cousin Benson
Lori (my sister) those trees really are her color

Julie and Liberty...really...she doesn't sleep that much, it just looks like that in the pictures. I could only wish

What an awesome view!!!

There is some BIG equip for handling massive amounts of snow removal.





Card/Board games around the table almost nightly...one of my favorite parts.


Stephen could not be more cute. He is so dedicated to coloring that he just couldn't stop.

Liberty and I...she is so snuggly. Now (2 months later) all she does is wiggle and squirm. She is about ready to crawl and then we can kiss any snuggles good bye, she won't be interested in us any more.

The kids went swimming, so their eyes were burning with chlorine. Gma told them to just rest their eyes for 5 min - suckers!! That just meant more game time for Mike and I.


Levi is getting Jack

Gma was so kind to hold Liberty while we rode the Alpine slide.


Here it is, one of the highlights of the trip. This is the ever famous alpine slide. Aunt Julie is taking Stephen for the ride of his life.

Mike recorded the whole ride...I guess for a thrill later.


Here I am with Stephen

Liberty and I


Uncle Steve and Aunt Annie. I am so glad they have the energy to throw my kids in the air, because I know I don't.

My dad....yes that is my dad....jumping on the trampoline connected to a bunch of bungy cords. He even did a flip...when I didn't have the camera ready.

Little Christisa was so brave. She barely makes a dent when she hits the trampoline.

Jack was right there with her.


Christsia was the rock climing queen. We could not believe it! She must have climbed this thing about 15 times. Superwoman!

Christsia and Mike climbing side by side.

Annie and Steve
Annie and Steve riding the gondola to the top of the mountain

View from the top of the mountain, breath taking!
The resort offers a cooking class so all the girls went. They guys watched all the kids while we went.


Watching the cooking demo

kids on the mountain peak

We have a tradition of playing tournaments of every sport possible. This round is Mike against my mom....yes she won!


Benny...going on a hike. What a smile :)

Mike pushing Liberty and Stephen walking along side.
My mom always has games and coloring for all the grandkids. They just set up shop in the corner of the room and go to town.

Mike with Stephen on the slide.
Uncle Jared showing the flowers to Liberty
Meet Uncle Jared. No one informed him that the objective was to RIDE the bull. He spent more time running from the bull. He was pretty good at it actually.

Dad, Heidi, Julie, Jared, Steve, Annie, Benson, Christsia, Nathan, All ready for the hike.


Jared and Lori


My dad...being silly


What would a family get together be without haircuts!

The kids had a chance to mine for gold, they had hours of entertainment. When knew! All i had to do this whole time was throw a bunch of rocks in some water and tell the kids that there is something cool in the rocks, they just have to find it.

Storm clouds settled in for about half a day, beautiful

Rock mining got rained out

Uncle Steve was able to come for a day or two, the kids egg him on to get attention.

Heidi against Shawn in the ping pong tournament. Shawn was the overal Ping pong champion. I came in 2nd place though...Just wait until next year!! I have been practicing up :)

Shawn


Annie and Dad - pool tournament. Christsia and Stephen watching
Jared takes on Julie
My mom and I

Julie and Dad swinging Christsia

Liberty loved hanging out with Levi
Liberty...she is such a happy baby. We are so lucky

Okay...so Julie and I decided to take on Levi. Well...you can see how it turned sour in about 1.2 seconds. Our plan was spoiled. Julie is not helping me here!?!? Levi apparently works out every spare moment because he has the guns of a body bulider. It was lost before it began

Mike and Stephen on the slide. Stephen is either terrified or about to fall asleep, i can't tell which.

My dad, riding the bull.

Christsia on the bungy trampoline

More mining...I think they should be rich by now with all that mining

Proud daddy and happy boy. Snowbird closely resmbles heaven, Im sure
Same proud daddy and same happy boy. Just when you thought they couldn't be any happier!
Jack, what a handsome boy, isn't he perfect

Christsia swinging away.

Jack on the slide. Aunt Heidi is an awesome photographer
Okay the kids were torturing ants with ice cubes. I am not sure where they got this interesting idea and I am sure all the animal rights activists will label me a terrible parent, but Heidi thought it was picture worthy and I do think they are pretty darn cute.
Sharing a bug friend...Christsia to Benson

This was at Grandma Great's house. Grandma Faye Woodward is Mike's Dad's Mother. Jack is holding pictures of Faye's husband Jack R Woodward. Name sound familiar? Our little Jack is named after him and Grandpa Jack has a special place in our hearts. He sealed Mike and I in the SLC temple in 2001. Grandpa Jack passed away 6 months before Jack was born. We are convinced that there was a short reunion in heaven before Grandpa sent little Jack down to live with us. We love them both!
This is Grandma Faye Woodward. She is amazing. She knows the scriptures inside and out. Ask her anything!

This is Mike's Aunt Cathy, his dad's sister. She is famous for saving some special goodies for the kids when they visit, they love it!

Stephen and Jack on Gma's couch. The picture above is Nephi's dream, it is one of Mike's favorite paintings.
Christsia and I. Twins!!


Grandma gave Jack a big hug and turned to us and said, "It has been too long since I have had a hug from Jack R Woodward" (refering to gpa Jack).
On the road again....Just can't wait to get on the road again....On the way home we came through Wyoming.
We saw hundreds of these wind mills. They look small from a distance but when you drive under them they are probably a few stories high. They are huge. It is neat to see rows and rows of them.

Jack is holding Liberty's hand. That is very common for anyone sitting beside her. They treat her like an angel.
Skys over Kansas

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh Stacy, you make me laugh out loud!!! I love reading your captions to the pictures.... I love YOU!! :)